Today I met most of the new Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars for 2008/09. Maureen Eberle organised a great picnic at La Jolla Cove which is one of the prettiest areas of San Diego. We are a rather diverse bunch! Aside from Aadila and I there was Giovanni from Italy, Robert from Germany, Wadri from Uganda, Julie and Rebecca from South Korea and Qiuwan from China. There's also going to be another scholar arriving from Japan in the next few weeks. Here are some pics of the day.
I got my birthday present from Mom and Dad early this year. That probably has something to do with the fact that I chose and bought it. It's a wonderful bicycle (and helmet of course)! The Trek 7.2 FX WSD to be exact. If you're interested in the technical specifications here's the link. Otherwise if (like me) you don't speak 'bicycle' then it's what's called a hybrid bicycle where it has the majority of features like a road bike but you have straight handlebars and sit more upright like a mountain bike. It's also a very pretty light blue! I went for a ride on Friday and it's really comfortable and easy to ride. I'm just working on getting my foot back into the pedal straps after stopping and trying to put my water bottle back into the cage without wobbling! We'll get there. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for my wonderful present! Here are a couple of pics for you to see.

Don't you just love the sexy cycling shorts? ;-)

Close up of my bike!

and of my helmet! (Safety 1st don't you know?)
Other updates - my computer is fixed! I'm very happy! I'm still not too sure exactly what they did but it works and all my software is there so that's ok by me. Unless anything changes in the next few days I'll be moving to Crown Point on 8 Sept. Seeing that that's a Monday I hope it's actually the weekend before but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment