I hate spiders. Most other things I can deal with but not spiders. Why is this an issue now? Because tonight there was a spider in the shower! I'm not talking about one of those piddly squashable/flickable ones either, this one was large! It was at least 5cm in diameter and it was fat and black with big thick legs. Ugh! I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Had I been in SA (which I quite obviously am not) I would have probably gone and woke Dad up and got him to sort it out. That was obviously not an option so I had to deal with it on my own.
Luckily, seeing that the spider was in the bath and the shower head is not fixed I could aim it at the spider and blast it with hot water until it stopped coming back to life. My issue then was that it didn't go nicely down the plughole to goldfish (and spider) heaven as Marge has a little plastic thing in there to catch hair. I didn't want to reach down and pull out the little holder thing which fits quite snugly into the plughole in case the spider was just faking being dead so I was a little stumped. Then I remembered the scissors that Marge keeps by the phone just outside the bathroom (pliers... tongs... scissors... EUREKA! - you can see the train of thought) and those were quite effective at getting the holder thing out. After that it was relatively easy to pick up the holder with the scissors and bash it on the toilet seat until the spider fell in. It was promptly flushed!
Thus ends my spider saga. I think it provides a perfectly reasonable explanation for why I'm still awake at 3:30am (all the adrenaline). Thankfully I have no classes tomorrow so I can still get my seven hours of sleep! Oh, it was the 1st day of classes today but I'll tell you about that later because the adrenaline is definitely starting to wear off and I'm going to bed.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment