Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mission Valley Rotary Annual Golf Tournament

On Friday was the Mission Valley Rotary Club's Charity golf tournament - their major fundraiser for the year. As I am a hopeless golfer, actually I'm not a golfer at all, I volunteered to help and so spent the day driving around in a beverage cart which was great fun!

The beautiful Carlton Oaks golf course in Santee (just east of San Diego) where the golf tournament was held.

Bill Ashman and Dale Bailey, two wonderful Rotarians, out on the course.

My artwork in the pristine bunker. It was just too tempting!


Driving the golf cart. Initially Mark, the Rotarian I was delivering beverages with, was driving. He drove like an absolute maniac! I spent a good portion of the time firmly gripping the side of the cart so I didn't fall out! After he had sampled a fair number of the beverages we had on board I decided that I should drive.

In the evening after the golfers were done there was a wonderful dinner, prize giving and raffle. Although I didn't win the$1000 grand prize I did win two tickets to the San Diego Zoo which I was really happy about because I want to go and see their new tiger cubs!

Mary-Ellen (co organiser of the golf day), the lucky grand prize winner and Walt (President of the Mission valley Rotary club).

No comments: