So as I mentioned yesterday was the first day of classes (or of 'school' as varsity gets called here). I only have one class I have to go to lectures for - that's the research class and is on Tuesday and Thursday from 18:30 to 19:45. Otherwise I'm going to be doing a lot of work on my own.
Instead of doing an elective as none of the ones on offer appealed I'm doing a special study in the are of Household Economics/ the Economics of Marriage with Prof Shoshanna Grossbard who's area of speciality this is. I discovered something really cool yesterday! I'm currently reading A Treatise on the Family by Gary Becker who was one of the founders of this area of Economics and he won a Nobel Prize for his work in 1992. He was Prof Grossbard's supervisor at the University of Chicago and she's thanked in the 1st section of the acknowledgements in the book. I thought that was pretty awesome!
Aside from those 2 classes I'm still in the process of trying to organise an internship at the Port. Things are going much slower than I'd like so today I got hold of a couple of people in Rotary who know people in the Port so we'll see what happens.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment