One year ago today I arrived in San Diego (give or take a couple of hours seeing that it's almost 2am here). It's definitely been an interesting year. I contemplated reminiscing about it on here but it's way too late and I'm far too tired so it'll have to be another time - maybe!
In the latest Kate update (said in my best pompous newsreader voice) I finally have an appointment with the DMV for my driving test! It's on Friday at 11:40ish so wish me luck! As Andrew pointed out it would be highly embarrassing if I failed so tomorrow I'm going to check up online to see what they actually want you to do and make sure I know how to do it.
And in other news (back to the pompous voice) apartment hunting has hit a bit of a lull. I'm still waiting to hear from 2 of the places I liked. I phoned the 3rd today and she's found another roommate. I thought she was actually incredibly rude seeing as she promised to call and let me know and then never bothered to. That seems to be a general trend here though. South Africans definitely have better manners than the majority of Americans! I'm not sure if it's because of the British influence/heritage or what but it's definitely noticeable and rather annoying. Another thing that bugs me is that when you say 'Thank you' to an American they don't reply with 'it's a pleasure' or 'sure' or 'no problem' or any words for that matter. They just say 'uh-huh'.
After that little venting effort I am off to bed!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment