Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Kate Update (I quite like this as a title for general posts).

I hope for America's sake that Obama wins the election and that he does something to reform America's healthcare system. I spent 8 hours in a hospital Emergency Room yesterday. Before you ask, I'm fine! My friend Nicky had chest pains and so went to the SDSU health centre who did a bunch of tests and then sent her to the emergency room. They did the all the exact same tests that SDSU had just done plus a CT scan and couldn't find anything wrong so that was that. It was a very long and boring experience. I was productive however! I took my cellphone apart completely and cleaned it with the disinfectant wipes kindly provided by the hospital. I have also discovered that you can fit a purple rubber glove over your head and then you look quite similar to a chicken. I have photos to prove it but I don't think I'm going to post them on here.

Otherwise life's been all about getting everything sorted out for starting classes next week. Luckily I logged onto the SDSU system this evening because I discovered that it was the last day for registration! I registered very quickly so that's all sorted out now. I'm also in the process of organising my internship. I have one more elective to do and none of the ones on offer appealed in the slightest so instead I've organised a to do a special study on household economics and the economics of marriage. It's my Professor's area of speciality and she's done some really interesting work so I'm really pleased.

Aside from that my time has been taken up with looking for a bike! Yup, I know, not something you'd ever expect to here from me! But I'm moving to Pacific Beach which is a very pedestrian/bike friendly area so I plan on riding to the shops and the gym etc. There are also a whole lot of bike trails around the bay area so it's a great place to start cycling a bit more seriously without having to be on the road with all the scary cars! As I typed this it seemed rather familiar so if I put it all in a previous post then I do apologise. This hunt is proving to be a bit more tricky than I'd like because I seem to have hit the 'black hole' of the bike buying year. Most of the old models are all sold out (especially since the oil price went up apparently so have bike sales) and the new ones are just starting to trickle in. But I will persevere!

No comments: