Today when the post arrived I was really excited because my California drivers license arrived! It's so cool!
The highlight of the week's post for me is usually my Time Magazine which now gets delivered to Marge's house after Sarah decided they were junk mail and started throwing them out (I was not impressed). This weeks Time is a special edition on the Democrats *groan* which means that no doubt we'll be receiving another special edition on the Republicans in the weeks to come. I can hardly contain myself I'm so excited. Not. This whole election thing is really starting to bug me. I don't care that it's the most exciting race in decades - the actual election is months away! When the story of the week is Obama pouncing on McCain for not remembering how many houses he owns (7 by the way) it really gets a bit much.
Onto brighter news (literally) my toenails are bright blue! With pretty white flowers and sparkles. I took Marge for a surprise manicure and pedicure to say thank you for having me at her house while I've been apartment hunting. While she was being pampered I had a basic pedicure and decided to get interesting nail polish. I contemplated taking a picture to show you but I figured that could be a bit odd.
I have some sad news to report - my laptop is dead. It died last night after Windows installed some updates and then told me I had to restart it for them to take effect. Well it never restarted. Luckily I had backed it up just before but still. This is one case when a 9 hour time difference is very convenient because this all happened around midnight which is 9am in SA so I could phone Warren for help and advice. Unfortunately the prognosis is not good - I took it in this morning (to the Geek Squad at Best Buy - nice name huh?) and we'll see. I should know something in a week or so. Luckily I'm can just use Marge's computer otherwise I think I may be suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms! Technology is a wonderful thing... until something goes wrong!
I am feeling exceptionally pleased with myself. Today I found a Twilight T-shirt. You really can get anything in America!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment