Friday, August 15, 2008
YAAAAAAAY!
I passed my driving test! I had my appointment at 11:45am and when I arrived at the DMV it was packed! I definitely gloated a bit as I strolled right past the ridiculous line of people that headed all the way out the door and around the corner as I went to check in. While I was waiting to do my test I had a sudden flashback to my SA driving test and what I had to do then. I promptly made a quick call to my friend Nicky to ask about hand turn signals (which I'd completely forgotten in the week since I did my theory test - oops). It's a good thing I did because they asked that! So after the nice little drive during which I did not drive on the wrong side of the road, mount any curbs or do anything else daft the examiner told me that I'd passed! I struggled to contain my joy as he mentioned that I must make sure I come to a complete stop before turning right at a red light. According to Jeremy Clarkson that's America's only contribution to driving. I of course nodded very seriously and then skipped inside (no, not literally) to get my license. Only to be told that they'll post it to me so I just got a crappy piece of paper instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment