Two bits of random info just to start this post off nicely. KFC in San Diego does not hold a candle to KFC in South Africa. I was actually really disappointed with their attempt at a Rounder. So that's an experience I will not be repeating.
Gwen Stefani has just had a son. She's called him Zuma! Seriously?!! His full name's Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale - poor kid. Not matter how famous his parents are he's still going to get beaten up at school.
Anyway, onto more exciting matters namely my new apartment! Well it's actually not an apartment, it's a house. The lady who owns it got married and instead of selling her house and all her stuff decided to rent out the rooms. You can have a look at where it is here. It's in an area called Crown Point which is exactly where I wanted to move to. It's a nice residential area just below Pacific Beach which is one of the 'party areas' of San Diego. What's great is that everything is close - I'll be able to walk or ride my bike to the shops or the gym or anywhere else I want to go around there. It's also a great area for being outdoors as there are cycling/jogging paths all around the bay areas.
Back to the house. There will be 3 other guys living there. One is the owner's son and he has the outside room and bathroom then there's a German guy and a Brazilian guy who will be living in the house with me. I've met them both and they seem really nice. The only thing is that the three of us are going to be sharing one bathroom which is not ideal but it's something I can definitely live with. Especially when I consider the fact that my rent is only going to be $625 including utilities. When I was living with Sarah my rent and utilities were about $200 more than that! The house also has a nice kitchen which the guys apparently hardly ever use and then a lounge/dining area.
Other very cool things include the fact that there is a washing machine and tumble dryer and we don't have to pay for them so I can stop saving quarters! Chris (the guy who lives outside) has a cat so I plan on making friends with it. My bedroom is furnished so I'll be sleeping on a proper bed again (which luckily is the exact same size as my bed so I'm going to use my mattress).
I'm not too sure when I'm going to be able to move in yet - it'll either be 1 September or on the 8th. I'm very, very happy though! I'm so glad that the right place finally turned up.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment