Thursday, August 7, 2008

Growl! (and some photos finally!)

So today I was very well behaved. Sure I woke up a bit late but then I sat in the sun and studied the silly California Driver's Handbook (which for me means I read through it once). I then went off to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and got there just after 3pm. When I was registering my car I discovered that this is quite a good time to go as the people who've gone on their lunch break have finished and the after work crowd hasn't arrived yet. However, today I discovered that due to budget cuts (thanks a bunch Arnie) you have to have an appointment to go to the DMV after 3pm. So so much for that. instead I stood in line and made an appointment for 9:40am tomorrow morning. What a waste of time! So I went home and started posting pictures of my travels on Facebook.

Here's the link to the 2 albums of Washington DC pictures.
#1 - General Washington Pictures
#2 - Washington Monuments and Memorials

New York and Boston will follow shortly (hopefully tomorrow).

In the meantime here are some pictures from when Nick stayed with me in San Diego. We went to the zoo (where I fell in love with the meerkats) and Seaworld. Seaworld is awesome! It's the first time I'd been to the one here and I really enjoyed it. We were there from about 11am until 10pm and saw all the shows and animals including Shamu (the star Killer Whale). The have some seriously cool animals there including gorgeous sea otters, the only 2 performing pilot whales in the world, beluga whales, walruses (walrusi?), puffins, emperor penguins etc etc. The list just goes on. The shows are really slick and well done and there's a huge variety - we even went to see the pets show where they had trained cats and ducks! It was really cute.

So here are some of the pictures from those excursions. There aren't that many because I didn't feel the need to record every single thing I saw - I only took pics of what interested me.

Seaworld and the Zoo

No comments: