I'm still not having any luck with the DMV. Every time I have called in the last few days the system has been down. Not that they tell you this at the beginning of the call though. Instead they wait until you've given all your piles of information (via an annoying voice recognition system which doesn't always understand my accent) and then they say they're offline. Grr! So I will persist.
On the apartment front I saw another really nice place tonight. I also saw another two I liked on Saturday morning so now I just need to wait to hear from all three. It's a bit frustrating but I'd rather spend a bit more time and find the right place rather than rushing and ending up with an icky place/wierd roommates!
America is all about the Olympics at the moment. I watched the whole opening ceremony on Friday and I was really impressed! Except for the fact that the SA team marched on just before the USA team so they cut to a commercial here to be ready for the USA team. I've been watching bits and pieces including the mens 100m freestyle relay last night. I was sad America won because it's really funny when they lose! Their commentators get all indignant! They always expect to win (in fact they are worse than the Aussie rugby commentators) but I must admit the relay team were definitely impressive.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment