Monday, September 3, 2007

Lucky Packet

So this is just an assortment of random events/things that have amused me but I forgot to add into my other posts....

I went grocery shopping yesterday. It's the easiest way to entertain me at the moment. There's just such a huge variety of food and so much prepackaged stuff. Anyway, I was in the (enormous) fresh fruit and veg section when I heard thunder. I thought I was dreaming! Then I noticed that the light on top of the one open fridge thing of fresh veges was flashing. The next thing this Dad calls his two little girls and says "Girls - come quick, its going to rain!" And sure enough it did. Mini sprinklers between the vegetables started spraying out a fine mist of water (and all the while the thunder continued). I have never seen anything quite as entertaining in a supermarket before! Why that section of vegetables was special and deserved to be watered while the one right next to it did not - I have no idea!

Earlier this week Sarah and I went shopping for the final things we needed for our apartment - like everything you need in a kitchen! The basic idea when I moved in was that I only needed to get stuff for my bedroom - she said she had everything else. Then she discovered she'd left all her kitchen stuff at her ex-boyfriend's and hence the reason for the shopping trip. I'd already moved into my room and discovered that I had more space than anticipated to decided that I wanted to get a chair for the corner by the window. We were in Target (the most amazing store that literally sells everything! And it's cheap - just not as cheap as Walmart) and I saw a chair that looked really cool. The easiest way to describe it is as a half sphere on a metal frame. It was on special and looked comfy but there wasn't one set out that you could try (the whole chair folds up into a carry bag). So Sarah and I decided that it was rather daft to buy a chair you hadn't even sat in so we unpacked the chair and set it up in the isle in the store!

The good news is that the chair is really comfy and now resides in the corner of my room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, lovely Target! Stumbled upon your blog ... and thought you'd be interested in mine: www.eluckypacket.com

I am also SA'n and live in San Diego by the way. Our family blog: www.nobaddays.wordpress.com

Welcome to Southern California