I was accused of faking my accent! I couldn't believe it.
Some of the guys from our building belong to a fraternity by the name of Kappa Alpha (or KA for short). So the other night they were heading over there and asked if Sarah and I wanted to come. The frat house is just up the street from our place in what's called 'Fraternity Row'. Apparently the University bought up a block of houses, demolished them and built a whole lot of frat houses next to each other. The frat house has a pretty cool set up - there's a central courtyard with rooms around it. Although how anyone who lives there actually manages to get any work done ever is beyond me! I was chatting to some people then went to have a look round. in the one room I noticed there was a British flag so I asked one of the guys I'd been talking to "Who's British?" To which he replied "You're not British". I said "I know, I'm South African." He said, "No you're not, you weren't talking like that just now, you're faking your accent." I of course protested and even volunteered to show him my passport (which I didn't have with me but that's not the point). However, this was to no avail so I left. I'm thinking the amount of alcohol he'd consumed probably had something to do with it :-)
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment