I'm currently in Charlotte, North Carolina waiting for my new flight to Nashville. It's Spring Break so I'm going to visit my friend Lisa Glenn for the week. Lisa was a Rotary Ambassadorial scholar to SA last year and she and I met at our orientation in Cape Town and later came up to the Berg for a weekend with us.
So why am I writing to you from Charlotte airport.... how's this for an explanation? We stopped in Dallas, Texas in the middle of the night for a medical emergency! There was a 17 year old girl who was having inner ear problems. I'm not too sure what or why but it must have been serious because there was only about 2hrs left of the flight. Right at the beginning of the flight they paged for any doctors on board and then again a bit later for medicines. Anyway, paramedics came on board and took her off I guess. Then we had to wait on the runway for ages (prob an hour tot) for fuel because Dallas is not a 24 hour airport so it was dead! Ok, it was also 3am or so which probably helped! We then landed just as my connecting flight to Nashville was leaving so I missed that and was a bit stressed. But the yanks are super organised! - as we came off the plane there were ticketing agents waiting for us with new boarding passes for a later flight so my flight now leaves at 9:30 ish. I had about an hour and a half or so to kill so I'm in the Business centre using one of their computers. Luckily I also managed to get hold of Lisa before she left her house so she didn't have to wait for me.
At this stage the Spring Break itinerary involves driving to Gatlinberg which is in the Smokey Mountains when I get to Tennessee and then later in the week spending some time with Lisa's parents who live about 45mins outside of Nashville. It's definitely not your typical Spring Break. Normally that involves lying on a beach somewhere during the day and then partying all night! I'm really looking forward to it though! I'll post more details and pics when I'm home again.
By the way... I just saw the dat and I assure you that this is not an April fool's hoax!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment