Sunday, March 16, 2008

This and That

I am pleased to announce that my car's mirror is well and truly stuck on! Despite the fact that it looked rather strange while the epoxy was drying (see pics below) both the epoxy and the duct tape have done their job.



Aside from that, last night I went to a Purim party dressed up as a vampire/goth. My costume is not important or interesting, what is is that the police showed up at the party! Apparently the music was too loud or something so they came in, turned it off, and left. What a sterling job :-) I thought it was all rather quite exciting - especially the few tense minutes when we thought we might all be asked to leave.

When I got home from the party I was wondering if there was something I didn't know about in the cranberry juice I'd been drinking because I honestly thought it had been snowing at our apartment! The grass by my parking space was white and the cars all had what looked like snow on them. I thought it doesn't snow in Southern California! Turns out I was right - it was very fine hail but even that is apparently abnormal enough.

And in other breaking news (the title of this post is 'this and that' after all) my roommate really amused me today! We generally get on really well but one thing I do that really annoys her is that I'm not very good at closing the kitchen cupboards. That's not to say that I necessarily leave them wide open, I just don't always close them completely. Well today it obviously really annoyed her because she's stuck bright pink and green post its on all the cupboard doors and on the shelves inside saying 'Close me'!

No comments: