Monday, August 20, 2007

Where I live (at the moment)

So this is Marge's house - where I live at the moment. She lives in a neighbourhood called Kensington which is quite old - all the houses were built in about the 1920's. It's also quite close to SDSU which is great for me! Please note - no fences! and Marge keeps a spare key on the front step. It's so cool!


This is a view of the street just to give you an idea of the neighbourhood - it all looks the same! It's apparently very 'Southern Californian looking' if that helps?

I think you should all be very impressed - I went for a run yesterday morning around Marge's area! Well it was more of a jog - walk when I got tired - then jog again. I don't know exactly how long it was but probably about 3kms. The problem is the area's really flat so you don't get any downhill breaks! It's so pretty though and there were quite a few people out walking dogs etc (mostly tiny silly things). What's quite nice is that the pavements are set in from the road (as you can see) and you're not running next to people's walls because they dont have any! When I got back to Marge's I lay on her front lawn and did some situps and stretched. One of her neighbours was getting into his car and said 'that's good' or something. I just laughed.
I don't know how long I'll be staying here though - Marge says I'm welcome to stay for as long as I want. I've been looking for places on an excellent website called Craigslist and am going to see 3 today. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: