Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm baaaaack!

I am quite willing to admit that I've been absolutely shocking about posting stuff on here so I must apologise. I decided that today was the day that I was going to start getting everything back into order with my life. Why has everything got out of order? Because I've been busy and it's really hard living on your own! (and admittedly because I've been lazy). My 'to do' list has got to a point when it's looking really scary so I decided that I really had to do something about it.

As for what I've been up to - nothing thrilling unfortunately! I've been being a student, in other words I've been studying! Isn't that peculiar? In my last post I mentioned tests - two of them, international trade and econometrics, went well but microeconomics was shocking! The biggest problem was time and the fact that there was enough of it for only half the paper. It was not fun. We've also had endless assignments, I just handed in another one this evening and have another due next week. It doesn't seem to stop! You'll be pleased to know I am surviving though.

Life is starting to look a bit more fun too - I have a lot of things lined up for the next few weeks. Highlights include going to see an exhibition of the dead sea scrolls, New York and then going to Santa Barbara with my friend Jen for Thanksgiving. No doubt other stuff will crop up too. Hopefully some of the touristy variety!

I think I got my first bout of homesickness this weekend. I was feeling quite sorry for myself! The main protagonist was the Rugby of all things. Why? - because I haven't been able to watch any of it! There's also no one here who I can talk to about it - rugby is a bit lost on my room mate. It just seems that everyone in SA is so into the RWC (as they should be) and I'm feeling left out! I met a guy who plays rugby for SDSU last week in our apartment block's laundry of all places! I think I'm going to find out where he's watching the final and gatecrash...

I think that's about all for now. As I remember interesting stuff from the last few weeks I'll try to remember to post it.

No comments: